Thursday, September 11, 2008

Gustav Klimt Fir Forest

Gustav Klimt Fir ForestDeposition of ChristThe Three Graces
higher than its predecessor, unbinding, releasing me -- thendo : my eyes were opened; I was delivered.
Dr. Eierkopf too the bells revived; at first sound of them he had sat upthose paradoxes became paroxysms: I shut my eyes, swayed on Croaker's shoulders, trembled and sweated. All things converged: I understood what I had done to Dr. Eierkopf with my innocent question about paleoooontological priority. That circular device on my Assignment-sheet --

beginningless, endless, infinite equivalence -- constricted my reason like a torture-tool from the Age of Faith. Passagewas Failure, and Failure Passage; yet Passage was Passage, Failure Failure! Equally true, none was the Answer; the two were not different, neither were they the same; andtrue andfalse, andsame anddifferent -- and clutched his head. On the sixth stroke he'd snatched off his new eyeglasses just in time, for the seventh shattered them, as earlier in the Belfry. On that eighth and last, blood spurted from his nose, his eyes rolled up out of sight

No comments: