Tuesday, August 26, 2008

John William Waterhouse In the Peristyle painting

John William Waterhouse In the Peristyle paintingJohn Singer Sargent A Dinner Table at Night paintingLord Frederick Leighton Leighton Winding the Skein painting
smiled somewhat sadly, to let me know he held no grudge, and we rejoined Croaker and Peter Greene. They in turn had been joined by a desiccate gentleman whom I recognized as Dr. Kennard Sear, and who it developed remembered Greene cordially as his patient of some years previously. The two seemed to be on good terms despite the great difference in their natures and the fact that their professional had been unfruitful. Greene had bought an extra ticket for the Doctor and was clapping him on the shoulder as we approached.
"My dear George," Sear murmured amiably. "Good to see you again. Pity Hedwig isn't here; she was quite taken with you last night."
I shook the fine dry hand he offered me and then put by my apprehension at the morrow's prospect to join the general good-fellowship. Dr. Sear was delighted to see Max once more, having been among his admirers and supporters in the troubled past.
"Kennard Sear. . ."Max frowned."Ja, sure, the young radiologist with the Cum Laude Project. I thought you were on Eierkopf's side."

No comments: