Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wassily Kandinsky Upward

Wassily Kandinsky UpwardWassily Kandinsky In BlueWassily Kandinsky Red Spot II
You could easily tell me, Carlo," Mrs. Coulter was murmuring. "You could whisper it. You could pretend to be talking in your sleep, and who could blame you for that? Just tell me what the boy has, and why you want it. I could get it for Why is it special?"
"Ah… It's the knife that will cut anything. Not even its makers knew what it could do. Nothing, no one, matter, spirit, angel, air—nothing is invulnerable to the subtle knife. Marisa, it's mine, you understand?"
"Of course, Carlo. I promise. Let me fill your glass…"
And as the golden monkey slowly ran his hands along the emerald serpent again and again, squeezing just a little, lifting, stroking as Sir Charles sighed with pleasureyou… Wouldn't you like me to do that? Just tell me, Carlo. I don't want it. I want the girl. What is it? Just tell me, and you shall have it."He gave a soft shudder. His eyes were closed. Then he said, "It's a knife. The subtle knife of Cittagazze. You haven't heard of it, Marisa? Some people call it teleutaia makhaira, the last knife of all. Others call it Aesahaettr.""What does it do, Carlo?

No comments: