Monday, February 16, 2009

Thomas Gainsborough The Harvest Wagon

Thomas Gainsborough The Harvest WagonThomas Gainsborough Cottage Girl with Dog and PitcherAlexandre Cabanel The Birth of Venus
and anyone watching (Lyra wasn't in a state to notice) would have said it was a grimace of sadness.
"Well, we had better ask her in to talk about it," he said.
He left the room, and when he came back a minute later with Mrs. Coulter, Lyra was on her feet, too excited to sit. Mrs. "I don't mind. I'd go anywhere."
"But it might be dangerous. We might have to go to the North."
Lyra was speechless. Then she found her voice: "Soon?"Coulter smiled, and her daemon bared his white teeth in a grin of implike pleasure. As she passed her on the way to the armchair, Mrs. Coulter touched Lyra's hair briefly, and Lyra felt a current of warmth flow into her, and blushed.When the Master had poured some brantwijn for her, Mrs. Coulter said, "So, Lyra, I'm to have an assistant, am I?""Yes," said Lyra simply. She would have said yes to anything."There's a lot of work I need help with.""I can work!""And we might have to travel."

No comments: