Friday, August 22, 2008

Claude Monet The Picnic painting

Claude Monet The Picnic paintingClaude Monet Sunset paintingClaude Monet La Japonaise painting
Georgie!" He came round and embraced me, put off not at all by my stiffness. "Say it again yet, to make an old man happy -- what you said."
"I'm no Enos Enoch," I repeated. "I've got as much billy-goat in me as Graduate. And as much Dean o' Flunks as anything else."
"And never mind that! Don't be sorry you're a plain human student, okay?"
I assured him levelly that I was not disappointed by the revelation of my nature's darker aspects, only sobered and intrigued; but that in view of those same aspects I most certainly no longer regarded myself, even potentially, as Wisdom and Goodness incarnate. Max all but hopped about the barn for pleasure.
"I knew it from the first!" he cried. "But there was that tapelift thing, and crazy Eierkopf and his stories. GILESpfui! I bet he put you there himself!"
Upon my pressing him to explain himself more clearly, Max confessed that he had for many years entertained a certain hypothesis about my parentage, which till now -- by reason first of my tender years and latterly of my misguided ambition -- he had kept to himself, not to injure my feelings.

No comments: