Friday, June 20, 2008

Thomas Kinkade The old fishing hole painting

Thomas Kinkade The old fishing hole painting
Thomas Kinkade The Night Before Christmas painting
"From that day, amid all his cordiality, there was always a touch of suspicion in Mr. Trevor's manner towards me. Even his son remarked it. "You've given the governor such a turn," said he, "that he'll never be sure again of what you know and what you don't know." He did not mean to show it, I am sure, but it was so strongly in his mind that it peeped out at every action. At last I became so convinced that I was causing him uneasiness that I drew my visit to a close. On the very day, however, before I left, an incident occurred which proved in the sequel to be of importance.
"We were sitting out upon the lawn on garden chairs, the three of us, basking in the sun and admiring the view across the Broads, when a maid came out to say that there was a man at the door who wanted to see Mr. Trevor.
""What is his name?" asked my host.
" "He would not give any."
""What does he want, then?"
" "He says that you know him, and that he only wants a moment's conversation."

No comments: