Saturday, June 14, 2008

Lord Frederick Leighton Leighton Flaming June painting

Lord Frederick Leighton Leighton Flaming June painting
Gustav Klimt lady with fan painting
BAPTISTA and LUCENTIO]
Signior Baptista, you are happily met.
[To the Pedant]
Sir, this is the gentleman I told you of:I pray you stand good father to me now,Give me Bianca for my patrimony.
Pedant
Soft son!Sir, by your leave: having come to PaduaTo gather in some debts, my son LucentioMade me acquainted with a weighty causeOf love between your daughter and himself:And, for the good report I hear of youAnd for the love he beareth to your daughterAnd she to him, to stay him not too long,I am content, in a good father's care,To have him match'd; and if you please to likeNo worse than I, upon some agreementMe shall you find ready and willingWith one consent to have her so bestow'd;For curious I cannot be with you,Signior Baptista, of whom I hear so well.
Sir, pardon me in what I have to say:Your plainness and your shortness please me well.Right true it is, your son Lucentio hereDoth love my daughter and she loveth

No comments: