Thursday, June 26, 2008

Johannes Vermeer paintings

Johannes Vermeer paintings
Jacques-Louis David paintings
It was too bad there was such a mistake," said Mrs. Rachel sympathetically. "Couldn't you have sent her back?"
"I suppose we could, but we decided not to. Matthew took a fancy to her. And I must say I like her myself-- although I admit she has her faults. The house seems a different place already. She's a real bright little thing."
Marilla said more than she had intended to say when she began, for she read disapproval in Mrs. Rachel's expression.
"It's a great responsibility you've taken on yourself," said that lady gloomily, "especially when you've never had any experience with children. You don't know much about her or her real disposition, I suppose, and there's no guessing how a child like that will turn out. But I don't want to discourage you I'm sure, Marilla."
"I'm not feeling discouraged," was Marilla's dry response. "when I make up my mind to do a thing it stays made up. I suppose you'd like to see Anne. I'll call her in."

No comments: