Tuesday, June 3, 2008

George Inness paintings

George Inness paintings
George Frederick Watts paintings
Guercino paintings
Howard Behrens paintings
She held out one of the little hands that nestled in a hollow of her huge lap like pet animals, and called to the maid: ``Don't let in any one else. If my daughters call, say I'm asleep.''
The maid disappeared, and the old lady turned to her grandson.
``My dear, am I perfectly hideous?'' she asked gaily,
-298-launching out one hand in search of the folds of muslin on her inaccessible bosom. ``My daughters tell me it doesn't matter at my age -- as if hideousness didn't matter all the more the harder it gets to conceal!''
``My dear, you're handsomer than ever!'' Archer rejoined in the same tone; and she threw back her head and laughed.
``Ah, but not as handsome as Ellen!'' she jerked out, twinkling at him maliciously; and before he could answer she added: ``Was she so awfully handsome the day you drove her up from the ferry?''

No comments: