Thursday, June 19, 2008

China oil paintings

China oil paintings ""You must bear in mind," said I, `that the royal party made head in England even after the death of the king, and that when they at last fled they probably left many of their most precious possessions buried behind them, with the intention of returning for them in more peaceful times."
""My ancestor, Sir Ralph Musgrave, was a prominent cavalier and the right-hand man of Charles the Second in his wanderings," said my friend.
""Ah, indeed!" I answered. `Well now, I think that really should give us the last link that we wanted. I must congratulate you on coming into the possession, though in rather a tragic manner, of a relic which is of great intrinsic value, but of even greater importance as a historical curiosity."
""What is it, then?" he gasped in astonishment.
" "It is nothing less than the ancient crown of the kings of England."
""The crown!"
" `Precisely. Consider what the Rit

No comments: